Friday, October 7, 2011

DIY Valve Compressor

I tried my 4lb dead hammer to knock the valve keepers lose. Didn't work at all. Is it just me or are these kz750 valve springs really really strong? I'd whack it with the dead hammer and the spring wouldn't compress at all.

So I followed what many do to make a valve spring compressor- cut a notch in a socket and use a c-clamp.


In use. At the center, you can see one valve keeper in place. The other fell off and is sitting behind the valve stem.

I knew it would be a tight squeeze. This was the longest socket I had to spare so the notch isn't very big. Just like playing the game "Operation" as a kid. "It takes a steady hand!"


But I got them all out, and everything looks okay to me. I know later on the valves will need special attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment