Thursday, July 18, 2013

Replacing Parts Part II

Here are my "new" replacement rods from Mr. C's Motorcycles in Appleton, WI! Mr. C has tons of metric parts so check out their ebay store. I had no clue they were so close (just 30 miles away) until I noticed their address on ebay while selecting the shipping options. I picked them up right from their warehouse. Notice the difference? These rods are in much better shape- nice smooth bores.
 
 

These are the "new" balancer chain slippers ordered off ebay which also are in better shape.



I forgot to post some before and after engine cleaning pictures before I took the long break from this project so here you go! It was a combination of old fashion elbow grease and glass bead blasting. My homemade blasting cabinet was a little too small so I did some of it in my back yard. After glass beading, I went nuts with a pressure washer to clean out the beads. You don't want that stuff inside your engine. When pressure washing, some small parts like washers and o-rings started flying out from who knows where. Luckily, I retrieved them all and have now figured out where they came from. She cleaned up pretty good, no?








No comments:

Post a Comment