Friday, September 16, 2011

New Toys

Next up after building the engine stand was getting some better tools for the job. I went to Harbor Freight to buy some cheap China stuff with the names like "Pittsburgh" and "Chicago" branded on them. WTF? Are they really trying to fool people? I'm a bit disappointed at myself for buying China (and for our screwed up corporate cronyist economy in general), but I can't afford a $250 impact wrench. I got all the stuff below for under $90. I'm a hypocrite, I know. At least I'm aware of it so that's got to be worth something.

Feelers I know I'll need eventually.


Chain clamp for keeping moving parts from moving.


Bolt puller set. Not sure exactly how this will work, but I'm hoping it will pull out that stuck piston pin.



 Electric impact wrench for stuck nuts & bolts.


Some impact sockets.


An impact screwdriver. I used this last night to get 3 screws off the right engine cover. Worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment